The event is June 30:th/July 1:st, and it is held in the Florin, a nice old building that used to be a bank, but now is a pub..... with adjoined conference rooms.
Think of the event as the worlds smallest SIGGRAPH - only with the commercial glitz shaved off, and held in a pub. And if you walk outside, you are not run over by yellow cabs, but by blonde students on bicycles. Seriously, you almost need a bicycle helmet to walk the streets here. :)
Check out the www.EndUserEvent.com site for more details; there is even a Youtube behind-the-scenes channel where you can see the organizers setting up the event, which I found neat.
This year I will be talking about light, the perception thereof, and how to translate that knowledge to what you do in CG.
But I'm not the only one rambling, other speakers include:
- Jeff Mottle (CG Architect)
- Wayne Robson (y'know mudbox guy)
- Rune Spaans (about his work on Troll Hunter)
- Jamie Gwilliam (Autodesk)
- Neil Hazzard (Autodesk)
- Shane Griffith (Autodesk, will be holding an NDA session on future dev. of 3ds Max)
- Ted Boardman (often mistaken for a member of ZZ top)
- Johan Boekhoven
- Eric de Broche
- Yoni Cohen
- Borislab "Bobo" Petrov
- Hristo Velev
- ...and many more, see here
See you in Utrecht!